• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didn't Sign Ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quattro43

What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON

I recently received a speeding ticket on the highway. 75mph in a 60mph zone. On the ticket, there is a spot to sign as the "defendent". The state patrol officer didn't have me sign the ticket, instead wrote "copy given to defendent" I am guitly of speeding, I'm not trying to combat that, just would like to save my wallet, if the ticket is null and void due to the above instance?

quattro43 said:
What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON

I am guitly of speeding, I'm not trying to combat that, just would like to save my wallet, if the ticket is null and void due to the above instance?
Doing nothing will likely empty your wallet and more. Your signature on the citation is merely a device to make issuing tickets quick, without the cop having to take you down to the police station. The signature is a personal bond, promise you will appear in court or pay. If he does not assure you sign (bond yourself), and still does not arrest you, that does not change anything about the case.....which he will almost certainly file, when at headquarters. Whaever the citation (or subsequent communications from the law) says you must do, you must do it, or else face a warrant, surcharges, possible arrest. Citation demands your response.

racer72

How is your driving record? If you have no tickets in the previous 4 years, you can ask for deferrment. Pay the fine, keep your nose clean for a year and it will be just like the ticket never happened. Get anothe ticket though and both hit your driving record (and your insurance company) at the same time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">