• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to deal with harrasser

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

celticlasss

I work for a small company in WV (under 15 ee's so federal laws don't count) It is owner run and his wife works as a company officer.

We have a girl who has been asked questions like "Does your boyfriend pull your hair while doing it to you doggie style"; and last night he crossed the line by grabbing her leg and asking her "if she wanted to ......"

There are several problems.. one is this girl is a friend of the wife and doesn't want the wife hurt. Secondly, her job requires her to be with the owner alone or driving (I've suggested she never get in the car alone with him) and third, none of these actions were witnessed by anyone other than this girl. I believe her based on his actions in the office. Lewd comments, showing explict pictures to the women on his email, all on the basis of being a joke.

I'm at a loss how to proceed. Her job hasn't been threatened (yet) however obviously she's uncomfortable (he's acting as if nothing happened). While I've made some recommendations to her, I don't know how to approach him (I know he'll tell me to quit if I don't like it) - there is no HR at the company, however I have an HR background and I assume this is why the girl came to me.

I've suggested she start logging events.. tell him in no uncertain terms that this was unacceptable and making her uncomfortable and as I said, to make sure she is never alone with him somewhere she can't call for help. What else can I do to help her?What is the name of your state?

ecmst12

Your advice sounds solid to me. If the harassment continues, she should hire (or at least consult) a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">