• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tire came off thanks to walmart...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billpitter

i had new tires and rims put on at wlamart and they put the wrong lugnuts back on causing 1 tire/rim to fly off. my injuries were a fusion in my neck and a discectomy in my lower back. dr. bills around $160,000.00 what is my case worth in central florida????? i really think i am going to get sold short. the insurance policy is $10 million. i am 35yrs old was 33 when it happened and am very worried about future problems because i am constantly in pain.

Last edited:

averad

It has been 2 years and you supply us with 1 paragraph and vauge information.

Last edited:

xylene

That's a sucky story.

I would never take my car to a chain store myself, but that doesn't make me any less sorry for your situation.

Beyond moral support, is there anything we can do for you?

See you haven't asked any questions, although you have mentioned a general fear of getting screwed (which is understandable)

Please explain your fears a bit more and then ask some questions, which you mark using this punctuation charachter " ? "

I am assuming you have a lawyer, given the severity of your injury. If you do, ask that person, do not let them blow you off.

If you do not have a lawyer, please get one immediately.

billpitter

addition to tire fell off thanks to walmart

I was just curious as to what a ballpark figure $$$ this case is worth in central Florida? Any help? I have approx. 40 other cases that this has happened to people from walmart. The tire procedures they use were changed a few months after my accident which they put the wrong type lugnuts back on my truck and the tire came off. I had them investigated after this accident and caught them on film still not following their procedures.

seagoing

I need to ask this since you investigated it.how can they use the wrong lugnuts ,when luguts are re used,40 cases.i can believe they didnt tighten them,but the wrong ones.i hope you indeed have a great lawyer

billpitter

tire came off!!!!!!

the lugnuts were the wrong ones because the new tires i received went on a set of new aluminum rims that i brought to the store in the back of the truck with the correct lugnuts. i had steel rims on and the other rims were aluminum which are different in every way - wont explain - anyways the wrong lugnuts were placed back on the truck which i have a letter from toyota whom did the repairs stating that at the shop during repairs the wrong type lugnuts were placed on the truck. also, the person who put the rims on at walmart should have been trained properly enough to know the difference in lugnuts and if not should never have touched the new rims. on top of that i have the final stud from the hub which broke off onto the road which has the incorrect lugnut on it....:mad:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It wouldn't matter if your rims were steel, aluminum, titanium or any other type of metal. If the original lug nuts were put back on the truck (correctly), it wouldn't cause the studs to shear off...
So, you really should avoid the "wrong lugnuts" claim and stick with an "improper mounting" claim.

You Are Guilty

Zigner said:
It wouldn't matter if your rims were steel, aluminum, titanium or any other type of metal. If the original lug nuts were put back on the truck (correctly), it wouldn't cause the studs to shear off...
So, you really should avoid the "wrong lugnuts" claim and stick with an "improper mounting" claim.
Not that it's pertinent to this claim, but depending on the design of the rims (moreso than the material), improper lugnuts can cause all sorts of wacky problems.

Hard to explain in word, so here's a pic I dragged up off the web that shows the different kinds and how they seat: http://www.custom-car-rims.com/images/lug_nut.jpg

Using, say, a flat end nut when the rim requires a ball will cause the wheel to wobble on the lugs. Combine that with loose lugs and you get problems like the OPs.

We return you to our regularly scheduled post, already in progress.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">