• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

falsely accused of running a stop sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

radolf

What is the name of your state? California

Ticketed for running a stop sign at a 4-way stop intersection with large cross walk, stop sign setback 10-15ft. from corner with house, tree and car obscuring officers vision. He says I didn't stop. I did a few feet before the stop sign. I doubt that he could have seen my stop. I assume this is a reasonable arguement and should fight it. Suggestions for what to say, what not to say, what to ask the officer, etc.

Thanks,
...Rick

radolf

pictures

Could take pictures. The cop seems to like camping out in this neighborhood, so should be able to get a picture with him in his usual spot and his view the obstructions.

radolf said:
Could take pictures. The cop seems to like camping out in this neighborhood, so should be able to get a picture with him in his usual spot and his view the obstructions.
A cop can observe, he can presume, or he can lie, all three of which happen. If you have adequate photo evidence, it may (not "will") help a judge decide the fellow could not observe you stopping for the sign. Even so, the judge can decide what the cop did see you, on the move, and accept the cop's presumption (or lie). It's worth a few shots.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">