• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to sign a legal document

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mich1690

Virginia

Following a Commissioners hearing, I was ordered to sign a listing agreement with a Realtor which was inaccurate and contained false information. I informed the Realtor and requested a new correct agreement be drawn up but he "didnt have one with him."

Can a Commissioner order me to sign a legal document and endorse something that is wrong, false, misleading and inaccurate?

Thank you.

seniorjudge

Mich1690 said:
Virginia

Following a Commissioners hearing, I was ordered to sign a listing agreement with a Realtor which was inaccurate and contained false information. I informed the Realtor and requested a new correct agreement be drawn up but he "didnt have one with him."

Can a Commissioner order me to sign a legal document and endorse something that is wrong, false, misleading and inaccurate?

Thank you.
If you signed it, then that means you agreed with everything in the document.

Mich1690

Thanks but I never signed it and instead amended the agreement on my computer then signed and forwarded it but it fell outwith the 3 days specified by the Commissioner in which I had to sign the agreement presented to me.

Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">