• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

at fault insurance company dragging their feet.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michin

What is the name of your state? CA

Or perhaps my insurance is dragging their feet.

I was the victim of a hit and run where traffic had been stopped at a red light for about 1 minute including myself. A driver decided to move across 4 lanes of traffic and hit the rear of my car in doing so. We looked at each other and he knew he hit me. I pulled into a parking lot right next to the insident and the other driver took off. I called the sheriff.

He was found about a mile away at a home depot, sheriff questioned him then called me and told me he admitted to hitting me and claims he didnt stop because he didnt think I was going to stop. The officer asked me if I wanted to file a hit and run report, and I say absolutely.

I deferred to my insurance company to get the claim.
Anyways, his insurance carrier is giving me and my carrier the hardest time, been about 2 months and they havent figured out whether they are going to pay my deductible or not, what are my options? Its pretty clear cut what went on...

What is the typical length of time it takes for an at fault driver's insurance carrier to acknowledge fault of their insured?

JETX

michin said:
what are my options?
Your 'options' are simple... and nothing different than in any other case like this.
Option #1: File on your insurance. Pay deductible. Then, sue him to recover your deductible.
Option #2: Don't file and pursue the entire debt in court.
Option #3: File on HIS insurance.
Option #4: Do nothing.

What is the typical length of time it takes for an at fault driver's insurance carrier to acknowledge fault of their insured?[/QUOTE]
There is no such thing as 'typical'. Could be instant to not at all.

JETX

jed1028 said:
PLEASE HELP....
You are NOT going to get help from any RESPONSIBLE person due to your hijacking someone elses thread.
Delete your post in this thread and start your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">