• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breakup with a girlriend due to HWE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devtrn823

California.

My ex-girlfriend is an office manager in some company. Her boss with other employees was periodically taking her for a drink after the work. She was also going with the boss and boss's brother on the concert. She just could not say no. Each tiem she was coming back after the midnight. Other times (not related o going out) she was coming home crying because her boss was yelling and swearing at her. We fight many times over it. In the end, she left me.

The tricky question is: Since I am the suffering party, can I file a hostile work environment or a sexual harassment lawsuit against her boss of the company? Which section of law covers it?

averad

devtrn823 said:
California.

My ex-girlfriend is an office manager in some company. Her boss with other employees was periodically taking her for a drink after the work. She was also going with the boss and boss's brother on the concert. She just could not say no. Each tiem she was coming back after the midnight. Other times (not related o going out) she was coming home crying because her boss was yelling and swearing at her. We fight many times over it. In the end, she left me.

The tricky question is: Since I am the suffering party, can I file a hostile work environment or a sexual harassment lawsuit against her boss of the company? Which section of law covers it?
You can be mad at yourself for choosing a girl who would act that way and thats the limit of your legal actions.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, you cannot file a sexual harassment suit against anyone. No one sexually harassed you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">