• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend's son got 107 in 55 in PA -- Need advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ls7

What is the name of your state? Pennslyvnia.

My friend's son got 109 in a 55. He is an idiot I know, but he doesn't believe anything I tell him or just doesn't care about the crap he is about to get from the state. He is only 17 and got his license about a year ago. The ticket was I believe $230 and said he must appear in court and a couple other things were checked he claimed.

I want to know how much a retainer for this offense would cost. They don't have much money...he can barely come up with money for the ticket and I told him the cost of the ticket should be the least of his worries. This kid really gets my nerves.

I've had my share of tickets, but this is just plain dumb. You dont do it on this particular highway, it was before going to the toll booth where the 100 overpass is above you.

Thanks

xylene

Your (or your friend) or whoevers son is a piece of work.

At over 50 miles an hour over the speed limit with multiple violations in the recent past...

:eek:

He's toast.

And a big HOORAY for the rest of motoring on the PA highways.

ls7

No multiple violations in the past. If that even means anything.

Anyone know what a retainer would cost or anything at all useful that I can pass over to him?

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
ls7 said:
No multiple violations in the past. If that even means anything.

Anyone know what a retainer would cost or anything at all useful that I can pass over to him?

Thanks
Honestly, this is not your problem. I suggest you find a way to keep yourself as far away as possible from this speed demon. If he's driving, find a nice high-rise to hole up in!

There is no fixed "retainer" that I am aware of. The kind of lawyer that could help in this case would probably get what ever kind of "retainer" they wanted. Lawyers don't generally charge for the initial consultation though.

I do know that under PA codes that he could lose his license for 2 reasons: 1. He is under 18 and 2. 52 over, if he is found guilty or the speed is not reduced, would require an administrative hearing in which there is a pretty good chance that he would lose his license anyway.

I will admit that I don't always follow the speed limit (on the interstate) and have had more than a few tickets over the years but if this kid is as messed up as you imply, it might be better for all us PA residents if his license is taken away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">