• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doc6971

What is the name of your state? Missouri...I was involved in an accident back in May 2005 involving myself and a young kid driving his parents car. I had turned off a highway into a mall plaza parking lot, after stopping at the stopsign, I proceeded into the parking lot which appeared to be completely empty, this was at approx. 1 a.m. on a Monday morning, after I was already into the lot and had crossed the inside lane and was into the outside driving lane of the parking lot when the other car came up from the passanger side and broadsided me. He was traveling at such a high rate of speed that he didn't stop for about 40 to 50 yards away from the initial impact. There were no tickets issued because of being on private property, and no information was exchanged at the accident. In October 2005 I received a letter from the DMV stating they were going to suspend my license unless I submitted my version of the accident, after doing so I heard nothing from DMV until late March of 2006, I received another letter saying I was going to be suspended as of 4/12/2006 for manditory insurance and now the parents are suing me on behalf of their insurance company, I'm assuming for restitution for the cost of their vehicle but the letters I received from their insurance company said I owed them. At the time of the accident my insurance had lapsed due to being unemployed. I can't afford an attorney and am representing myself in court contesting fault. Any advice or tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

moburkes

Its hard to understand exactly what happened, but apparently you were determined to be at fault in the accident. The other party's insurance took care of the damages to their vehicle (and any medical bills), and now they are suing you since you were the at fault party. Your license was suspended because you didn't have insurance for whatever reason. The parents are also suing, but its going to be a separate suit from the insurance company's suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">