• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

scooter violation in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Susie1951

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My son has been in Ohio for a week attending classes; we live in Indiana. Thinking that it would be more economical, he took his Honda Metropolitan scooter with him. Neither one of us even thought about there being a difference in regulations concerning scooters from Indiana to Ohio. As you can guess, he was pulled over last night and now has to go to court next week. (Also, he lost his driver's license, so he couldn't produce that to the officer.) After he called me and left a message, I looked up the law for scooters in Ohio, and it definitely is very different! I know ignorance of the law is no excuse; I'm not questioning that. My questions are---how might this play out? What are the possible consequences? Is this pretty much just a simple traffic violation or something much bigger? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">