• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

opps can i change my mind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leber

What is the name of your state? Georgia

after almost a year after the final can one of the parties change their mind. Have everything droped and have another divorce?

Silverplum

leber said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

after almost a year after the final can one of the parties change their mind. Have everything droped and have another divorce?
What do you think?
What does your decree say?

leber

I don't see anything in it that states one could change there mind. I thought a final was just that a final?

Last edited:

LdiJ

Yes, a final is a final. However, anything regarding child custody/child support/visitation is "fluid" and can be revisited.

Also, in some limited circumstances its possible to re-open a property settlement.

So...depending on what is actually going on in your case, there may be issues within your divorce that can be revisited.....but NOT the divorce itself.

LdiJ

leber said:
no children. now she wants health care, and more alimony?
Unless she can prove that new information regarding marital assets has come to light that was hidden in the divorce...or that she didn't have proper legal counsel....or something equally serious, there isn't much chance that she can re-open those issues.

If you didn't hide any marital assets (or play other sorts of games) then you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Bali Hai

LdiJ said:
Unless she can prove that new information regarding marital assets has come to light that was hidden in the divorce...or that she didn't have proper legal counsel....

That would be HER fault.

or something equally serious, there isn't much chance that she can re-open those issues.

If you didn't hide any marital assets (or play other sorts of games) then you probably don't have anything to worry about.
A man ALWAYS has to worry when a woman is going back to court for more money.

She is probably seeking more money and benefits after talking with her friends at the bridge club and found out they got a better "deal" than she.

tigger22472

She could have gotten the health care for up to a year in the ORIGINAL but that time has passed. She also cannot go back for alimoney either as that is a dead in the water issue and not allowed to go back.

LdiJ

tigger22472 said:
She could have gotten the health care for up to a year in the ORIGINAL but that time has passed. She also cannot go back for alimoney either as that is a dead in the water issue and not allowed to go back.
He said "more alimony" so I am assuming she is already receiving some.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">