• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accidents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jedra374

What is the name of your state? new jersey:confused: was on a busy two way street went around a doubledparked car tried to get back in my lane,and then a bus was approahing in the opposite direction i stood still as the bus inched forward to try to pass me ,that's when the bus slightly hit my rear drivers side ,the bus driver intially told me to go that there was no injuries or damage, I filed a police report beliving this would protect me, now about a month later I receive a letter from the bus company's insurance claims processor about a loss how should I proceed with this?

moburkes

You should answer their questions. If the accident happened as you stated, that you were in your own lane when you were hit by the bus, then the bus driver was at fault, and there should be no problems.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, but it sounds to me like he wasn't in his own lane ("tried to get back in my own lane"). If that's the case, then you may be have some fault in this one. In any case, do as Moburkes suggested and answer all questions truthfully.

moburkes

Zigner said:
Yes, but it sounds to me like he wasn't in his own lane ("tried to get back in my own lane"). If that's the case, then you may be have some fault in this one. In any case, do as Moburkes suggested and answer all questions truthfully.
Oh, I see. I don't know what double parked means. I guess I was thinking that the vehicle must have been on the side of the road (parallel parked), but OP must have been saying that he had to go into the lane of oncoming traffic in order to get around the vehicle. So, you are correct, then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">