• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Time Divorce need some advice!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jimbo0706

What is the name of your state? Texas

Now my question is. I was only married for 8 days before my wife walked out on me. We have no kids no mutal assets. It has been nearly 6 years now since she did walk out and she told me a few years ago she would never grant me a divorce. Now all of a sudden i get a email from her new BoyFriend. Saying he wants to know about a divorce and how he could make it it more easy so he can marry her. I told him that he could have her file and file under now forgive the spelling iricirable diffencies.. And if she where to file any thing elce that I would hire a layer and nail her with Adultry wich I have proof. She served 3 years in the state pen for Sexualy asult of a minner after we split up. I have not heard any thing from her upuntill this date in over 3 years. Also abandanment. Now I just get an email from her saying she needs my ssn, dob, city of birth, and county of birth. what county you live in now. are you employed or not. and household member information.. I sent her a email back saying I was not going to give out any of that information unless it was to her layer.. Does she have the right to know this or was I right when I told her to tell her layer to contact me since she has my address and phone number ?

JETX

Jimbo0706 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Now my question is. I was only married for 8 days before my wife walked out on me. We have no kids no mutal assets. It has been nearly 6 years now since she did walk out and she told me a few years ago she would never grant me a divorce. Now all of a sudden i get a email from her new BoyFriend. Saying he wants to know about a divorce and how he could make it it more easy so he can marry her. I told him that he could have her file and file under now forgive the spelling iricirable diffencies.. And if she where to file any thing elce that I would hire a layer and nail her with Adultry wich I have proof. She served 3 years in the state pen for Sexualy asult of a minner after we split up. I have not heard any thing from her upuntill this date in over 3 years. Also abandanment. Now I just get an email from her saying she needs my ssn, dob, city of birth, and county of birth. what county you live in now. are you employed or not. and household member information.. I sent her a email back saying I was not going to give out any of that information unless it was to her layer.. Does she have the right to know this or was I right when I told her to tell her layer to contact me since she has my address and phone number ?
HUH???
Care to put that in English??

Jimbo0706

All I want to know is. Was it the right thing to do when i told her i was not going to give her all that info for her lawyer to contact me and i will give it to him. I have friends that have gone through a divorce and have said they dont see why she would need all that info.

ssn, dob, city of birth, and county of birth. what county you live in now. are you employed or not. and household member information. She has my Home address and Phone number why would she need every thing elce

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Jimbo0706 said:
All I want to know is. Was it the right thing to do when i told her i was not going to give her all that info for her lawyer to contact me and i will give it to him. I have friends that have gone through a divorce and have said they dont see why she would need all that info.

ssn, dob, city of birth, and county of birth. what county you live in now. are you employed or not. and household member information. She has my Home address and Phone number why would she need every thing elce
Social security number and date of birth are needed usually on initial divorce filings. City of birth is needed regarding citizenship and county you live in now are to determine venue/jurisdiction. Employment is necessary to determine support (though in this case there would not be any). Household member information is not readily apparent unless she is trying to show you are shacked up with a girlfriend. Also you should get an attorney and have her attorney contact YOUR attorney.

Jimbo0706

Ohiogal said:
Social security number and date of birth are needed usually on initial divorce filings. City of birth is needed regarding citizenship and county you live in now are to determine venue/jurisdiction. Employment is necessary to determine support (though in this case there would not be any). Household member information is not readily apparent unless she is trying to show you are shacked up with a girlfriend. Also you should get an attorney and have her attorney contact YOUR attorney.

That is a big problum with me right now. I take care of my mother for room and bord. I have contacted legal aid and was told there was a waiting list a mile long. Trying to find a lawyer in this city that will do probono is another problum. I am not going to give up. Thank you for the advice. Jimbo0706

JETX

Ohiogal said:
Sorry, but NONE of that information is required for a TEXAS divorce.
Here is a link to a generic Texas divorce form online... and you can see that she doesn't REQUIRE any of that information:
http://www.ilrg.com/forms/divorce-mc/us/tx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">