• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court room entrapment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dandate

What is the name of your state? California

A traffic court judge issued me ridiculous fines for a moped violation. I told her it was against my religion to pay such fines in what equivelates to food, I asked for jail time to pay my sentance. She refused me jail time and sent me out of the court. I am moving out of state soon and will be forced to return to court to say the same thing, or face a warrant for my arrest. Is this entrapment? Can I sue my city? Thank you.

-Daniel Date

weenor

dandate said:

A traffic court judge issued me ridiculous fines for a moped violation. I told her it was against my religion to pay such fines in what equivelates to food, I asked for jail time to pay my sentance. She refused me jail time and sent me out of the court. I am moving out of state soon and will be forced to return to court to say the same thing, or face a warrant for my arrest. Is this entrapment? Can I sue my city? Thank you.

-Daniel Date
Entrapment involves law enforcement's efforts to trick you into commiting a crime it has nothing to do with court or the judge. Btw- the judge has the right to sentence you as she sees fit and in accordance to the available law. This isn't mutiple choice or picking door #3. Enjoy your court date.

Dandy Don

What is your religion?

Please explain the meaning of the phrase "in what equivelates to food".

Not worth suing over--you've had your day in court to offer your defense. Go ahead and serve your time and be done with it. Nothing you say or do now is going to change the judge's mind about anything--she's obviously biased against you--fairly or unfairly.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

GoldenBridge

just to let you know, "you are not alone" I was charged for two public defenders, because they switched them on me, when the first one, told me that "if they had any backbone they sdhould drop the case". I was never properly served! And they had no proof of service at that time. When the next hearing came, this new one was picked to make the courts money, any way possible.

racer72

dandate said:

-Daniel Date
This is a bit late but may help someone else. Many jail facilities now charge inmates a fee when they are locked up, anywhere from $15 to $100 a day. A co-worker of mine spent 4 days in jail a few months ago and he just received a bill from the county for $300 for his stay. This is on top of the fine he already has to pay. So asking for jail instead of a fine could actually end up costing someone more money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">