• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TN auto ins law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

12rider

I live in Tennessee.I was ticketed for not providing proof of insurance. My main car went down and I was driving my second car. This car was uninsured. My citation is for finacial responsibilty law TCA 55-12-139 . The amount of the fine stated on the back of the ticket is for $231.00. What would happen if I simply paid the fine through the mail?

moburkes

12rider said:
I live in Tennessee.I was ticketed for not providing proof of insurance. My main car went down and I was driving my second car. This car was uninsured. My citation is for finacial responsibilty law TCA 55-12-139 . The amount of the fine stated on the back of the ticket is for $231.00. What would happen if I simply paid the fine through the mail?
Why didn't you simply make a 2-minute call to your insurance company and change the VINs?

Country Living

Something else to think about

12rider said:
I live in Tennessee.I was ticketed for not providing proof of insurance. My main car went down and I was driving my second car. This car was uninsured.
You're asking for a solution for the wrong problem. It's not about the ticket - it's about being a responsible car owner.

Your second car is drivable - why would you not have liability insurance on it? If you would have had an accident - did it ever cross your mind that you just might get sued? And if the other party was seriously injured.... What on earth were you thinking???

You got off lucky with just a ticket. It could have been much, much worse.

Liability is the cheapest part of an auto policy, assuming you don't have inexperienced operators on it. Either get rid of the car or put it on your policy. In the meantime, pay the ticket and count your lucky stars that nothing serious happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">