• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with a trial separation document...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mysty

What is the name of your state? flori
Hi,

My husband and I are about to commence a trial separation. :eek:

It is mutual, and quite frankly it's very very unlikely that there will be a reconcilliation.

My question is this, i would like to get on paper now the terms and conditions of the trial separation and what is going to happen after that.

For example we now have a verbal agreement that i will move back to his apartment and stay there, rent free, and he wil cover the water bills and electricity and i will still have use of the credit card that he has given me.

I would like to get this on paper and have both of us sign it.

The main reason for this is that i know for a fact that he is going to be subject to a lot of external pressures telling him not to do it and that he may withdraw this support at any time. And i'd also like to put down on this document that so long as he provides me with X amount on a monthly basis for a period of 24 months and allows me the use of his apartment for a period of 24 months following the eventual decision to get divorced I am not going to ask for a settlement of any kind, or division of property.

The other issue is that i would like to know where i stand on the matter of maintenance....

the BIG problem here is that we are in Malaysia and subject to Malaysian law because we got married there.

i've uncovered this site...
http://www.lawyerment.com.my/family/maintenance.shtml

but i don't really get everything that has been said.

We also don't want things to get messy because our families are going to get involved and i really want everything to be cut and dry right from the start of this trial separation....

Any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">