• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Flooded and Ruined While at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

valerie082

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I was at a required work function, I am a salaried employee, but off site at a dinner being hosted in part for my company's benefit. While I was inside attending to business, the parking lot flooded in the corner my car was in and when I went outside to leave the function, my car was full of water up to the door jambs and a good deal of the front of the car was under water. I only have liability insurance on my paid off car. I do not have the money to repair my car. Is there anyone I can hold responsible for this act of god? The property manager? The company I work for? Is this anyone's fault but mine? The car did start and I drove it home, but it was very sputtery and now it will start, but immediately dies. I imagine all the fluids probably have water in them. Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't believe this is happening to me. Thanks.

You Are Guilty

You answered your own question:

valerie082 said:
I was at a required work function, I am a salaried employee, but off site at a dinner being hosted in part for my company's benefit. While I was inside attending to business, the parking lot flooded in the corner my car was in and when I went outside to leave the function, my car was full of water up to the door jambs and a good deal of the front of the car was under water. I only have liability insurance on my paid off car. I do not have the money to repair my car. [highlight]Is there anyone I can hold responsible for this act of god?[/highlight] The property manager? The company I work for? Is this anyone's fault but mine? The car did start and I drove it home, but it was very sputtery and now it will start, but immediately dies. I imagine all the fluids probably have water in them. Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't believe this is happening to me. Thanks.
However, the real trick is figuring out how to serve him (her?) I believe someone already tried serving the Pope as God's agent, but that didn't work out so well. I'm a bit rushed so hopefully someone can post a link to that case.

ecmst12

If you hadn't driven it, there might have been a chance it would have been ok, but if you got water into the engine, you might be SOL. Sounds like you need a good mechanic to tell you if your car is fixable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">