• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

courtesy notices?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swilson13

What is the name of your state? orange county, california

Here is the situation. I was driving my girlfriends car, which is registered to her father and her fathers address. Her father and her are both on the insurance, ( so she is not on the registration and she recently moved from his house). anyways I was driving her car and got pulled over and cited for no front license plate and window tint. Both are correctable. What I want to know is, will they send a courtesy notice to him at his address and one to me. Because if he finds out I was driving her car, he will probably take the car away. I know we were in the wrong by me driving the vehicle. If they do send a courtesy notice, is there anyway I can go down and get the fix it ticket signed off before they send a courtesy notice to her father?

thanks in advanced
stupid me!

The Occultist

This is not a legal questions as there are no laws governing policies of courtesy notices. You will need to contact whoever would be sending such notices and ask them.

CdwJava

The notice will generally go to the individual whose address is on the citation. There is a box on the citation form to be checked for "owner responsibility", and if this is checked the court or the issuing agency MAY send a copy of the cite or notice to the registered owner ... but this is something more often done when it involves commercial vehicles.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">