• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

three car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

auxi

What is the name of your state? California

My mom got her car rearended about two months ago. The accident occured at a stop light, my mom was comlpetely stopped when she felt a strong hit. The accident involved three vehicles, an uninsured driver( car #1) whick hit the car behind my moms car (car #2), which in turn hit my moms car(car#3). My mom suffered some physical pain from the accident, but luckily nothing serious. Her car did attain some minor damage.

We received a letter from an insurance company stating that car #1 was driving a car that was not insured, so they were not going to pay for anything.
My mom does have insurance that would cover some of the expenses, but is there anything we could do to get all the expenses paid, since the accident was clearly not my moms fault? If so what do we do and which car is to blame?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the accident happened exactly like you said, then the #1 driver is at fault. You would have to sue him for your damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">