• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tire Blowout in Dealer's Loaner Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

egans

What is the name of your state? Georgia.

My car dealer came to my home to pick up my car for routine service. They left me a loaner car at 10:45 a.m. At approximately 11:20, I left in the car with my parents as passengers and around 11:28 a.m., the front left tire blew out causing a one-car accident. Injuries were sustained. The dealership, while owning up to liability, refuses to give me the contact information of their insurance carrier.

What can I do?

UPDATE:

Today, the owner of the car dealership from whom I've purchased two new vehicles since 2001 and still have one under warranty from them, emailed me and told me that she was the owner and that she decided what information went out on her company and that they would no longer offer loaner cars to me and they would not pick up my car for service. Furthermore, she told me that she wanted me to establish a relationship with another dealer of the same manufacturer. All that I can assume is that she is evicting me as a customer simply because I am trying to hold her insurer responsible for the injuries sustained in the loaner car. This is the same loaner car that the rep. for the region told me needed more "due diligence in maintaining the tire pressure" which caused the blowout.

Last edited:

xylene

egans said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia.

My car dealer came to my home to pick up my car for routine service. They left me a loaner car at 10:45 a.m. At approximately 11:20, I left in the car with my parents as passengers and around 11:28 a.m., the front left tire blew out causing a one-car accident. Injuries were sustained. The dealership, while owning up to liability, refuses to give me the contact information of their insurance carrier.

What can I do?
Why would the dealer admit liability for the accident then not give the info???:confused:

You have injuries.

Contact a lawyer to protect your interests.

egans

I do not know. One agent of the dealership took ownership stating that they did not do their "due diligence toward maintaining the tire pressure." It's the actual owner who does not want to release further information.

xylene

egans said:
I do not know. One agent of the dealership took ownership stating that they did not do their "due diligence toward maintaining the tire pressure." It's the actual owner who does not want to release further information.
it was a retorical question like "want don't they want it the easy way"

You need to get a lawyer to protect your interests.

There is no easy answer for how to deal with someone who is unwilling to obey the law.

egans

So it is the law that they should turn this info. over to me? Is that what you think? I guess I'll have to do this. You know, I've bought two cars from them and they have suddenly gotten very nasty. And my current 2003 is still under warranty with them and with Mercedes. And on top of all of it, my mom is 70 and was recovering from cancer surgery when it happened. They have not asked once how she is doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">