• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim signed -INDIANA- What do I do now??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DamonEB

INDIANA -- My wife signed the Quit Claim Form in front of the bank notary, and now I don't know what to do with it......

I've been told to send it to the Mortgage Company AND the County Registration Office....but it's opinion/suggestion and not based on FACT

What is the PROPER PROCEDURE to follow in INDIANA....please reply IF you have EXPERIENCE in this matter.

Thanks
DamonB :confused:

nextwife

Have you refinanced her off the mortgage? The mortgage compnay does not WANT or need your quit claim deed. They will continue to hold her co-responsible for the open mortgage until you complete a refi and payoff the mortgage with her name on it.

It SHOULD be delivered to the title company handling the refinance closing to record in the Register of Deeds office of yyour country. Some states also have transfer forms that must be complted and must accompany the deed for recording. The quitclkaim will need to be placed "of record" by recording.

seniorjudge

DamonEB said:
INDIANA -- My wife signed the Quit Claim Form in front of the bank notary, and now I don't know what to do with it......

I've been told to send it to the Mortgage Company AND the County Registration Office....but it's opinion/suggestion and not based on FACT

What is the PROPER PROCEDURE to follow in INDIANA....please reply IF you have EXPERIENCE in this matter.

Thanks
DamonB :confused:
Record it in the land deed records in the county courthouse where the land is located.

DamonEB

nextwife said:
Have you refinanced her off the mortgage? The mortgage compnay does not WANT or need your quit claim deed. They will continue to hold her co-responsible for the open mortgage until you complete a refi and payoff the mortgage with her name on it.

It SHOULD be delivered to the title company handling the refinance closing to record in the Register of Deeds office of yyour country. Some states also have transfer forms that must be complted and must accompany the deed for recording. The quitclkaim will need to be placed "of record" by recording.
OK so my mortage company....Wells Fargo (3rd holder of mortgage) after National City (1st holder) and Washington Mutual (2nd) IS THE TITLE COMPANY???
Or is the TITLE COMPANY some 3rd Party Company "associated" with Wells Fargo?

I don't PLAN ON REFINANCING IF I DON'T HAVE TO, But that paper putting her name on the DEED bothers me......What do you think of this Specific point? Is there some paper required to REMOVE HER NAME FROM THE DEED??? DOES SHE HAVE TO SIGN IT ALSO??

THANK YOU so very much for your information, I really do appreciate it!

nextwife

DamonEB said:
OK so my mortage company....Wells Fargo (3rd holder of mortgage) after National City (1st holder) and Washington Mutual (2nd) IS THE TITLE COMPANY???
Or is the TITLE COMPANY some 3rd Party Company "associated" with Wells Fargo?

I don't PLAN ON REFINANCING IF I DON'T HAVE TO, But that paper putting her name on the DEED bothers me......What do you think of this Specific point? Is there some paper required to REMOVE HER NAME FROM THE DEED??? DOES SHE HAVE TO SIGN IT ALSO??

THANK YOU so very much for your information, I really do appreciate it!
A quit claim conveys whatever ownership ninterest she had in the property to the grantee on the quit claim.

You already stated she signed one. Was there an agreement to provide anything in exchange for the QC?

DamonEB

From what I can understand, since my mortgage is ONLY in my name, and Both Names >>MIGHT<< be on the deed since I signed a paper placing her name on it with mine......

I have to take the Quit Claim down to the Allen County Recorder's Office or WHERE MY DEED IS LOCATED AT THE COUNTY COURT HOUSE AND DELIVER IT TO THEM.....

I ASS-U-ME this is where the Deed has been recorded, but Well Fargo ACTUALLY HOLDs that piece of paper in reality.

Just like GMAC holds the title to my car......

DamonEB

nextwife said:
A quit claim conveys whatever ownership ninterest she had in the property to the grantee on the quit claim.

You already stated she signed one. Was there an agreement to provide anything in exchange for the QC?
Yeah, the Quit Claim stated I would pay her $10.00....and I did, and "Payment-Quit Claim" written in the memo. All this done right in front of the notary at Wells Fargo -- My Bank/Mortgage Company.....I love one stop shopping!;) :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">