• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

info required

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sekfe negiuzfa

What is the name of your state? California

Hi,

Does an insurance comp have any advantage off settling a case quickly ( that is; even when the treatment is still going on) ?

even if a case is exceeding policy limits?

Does it help my case if I inform the insurance comp i need 2 more surgerys so they can check that too while i'm in hospital?

If so do i just ask for policy limit or wait for them to do me an offer?

I live in Europe and they send me a private detective to check my injury and also asked me twice to settle what can be te purpose of this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and certainly if you'd give me some information

Sekfe

Last edited:

moburkes

I'm not sure that I understand your questions correctly, but the most that the insurance company will pay is the policy limits. So, if they ARE offering you the policy limits, they're not going to pay any higher than that, no matter HOW many future surgeries you need. However, if you do settle the case, you will not be able to come back later and ask for additional compensation.

Why don't you have an attorney?

sekfe negiuzfa

Thanks Moburkes,

moburkes said:
I'm not sure that I understand your questions correctly, but the most that the insurance company will pay is the policy limits. So, if they ARE offering you the policy limits, they're not going to pay any higher than that, no matter HOW many future surgeries you need.
They didn't offer me anything yet but they already asked me twice to settle. I only know my medical bills and lost income and the other drivers policy limits.
I thought if they can see that i need more treatment the negociating would go smoother.

[/QUOTE]Why don't you have an attorney?[/QUOTE]

I think i want to try to settle it first because an attorney will cost me about 40 to 50 % and after adding the usual expenses i don't know how much i'd receive.

I still can hire a lawyer if the ins comp is trying to low ball me of don't i?

ecmst12

Who said anything about "ripped you off"?

If they offer the policy limits and that is enough for you, might as well take it. If you want more, you will have to sue and hope you win that much, and hope that the driver has the assets to pay you beyond what their insurance company will pay. And in that case you definitely will need a lawyer, especially if you're not living in the country.

moburkes

When I received his response in MY EMAIL THIS is what it said
Here is the message that has just been posted:
Thanks Moburkes,

They didn't offer me anything yet but they already asked me twice to settle. I only know my medical bills and lost income and the other drivers policy limits.
I thought if they can see that i need more treatment the negociating would go smoother.

[/QUOTE]Why don't you have an attorney?[/QUOTE]

I think i want to try to settle it first because an attorney will cost me about 40 to 50 % and after adding the usual expenses i don't know how much i'd receive.

I still can hire a lawyer if the ins comp rips me of don't i?

So, by the time YOU read it, he had edited his post. It doesn't automatically show when someone edits the post if they do it right away. Sorry that you didn't get to see the original message, but that's what I was responding to. Nice try, though.

edited to add: So in answer to YOUR question, OP said something about "ripped you off".

sekfe negiuzfa

[yes moburkes is right i changed the sentence because i tought i used the wrong word.
so please excuse me moburkes and th e others

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">