• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Random drug test?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

forever-annoyed

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My husband was recently handed a random drug testing order and told to go to the clinic for the test immediately. He went and took the test and listed his legal prescription drugs to the clinic (he is a pain management patient). He hasn't received his results back yet but he doesn't do any illegal drugs or even drink.
The question is: the supervisor ordered the drug test without randomization as he indicated on the handwritten drug testing order, so wouldn't this be a drug testing for cause? (the supervisor knows about the prescriptions that my husband takes) Also, his supervisor is mad at my husband because he brought up some pay issues and union rules that have had problems recently (husband was shorted a days pay and 3 hours of overtime), then suddenly he is issued a "random" drug test order?? My husband has him on a tape recording saying that he could pull some strings if the drug test comes back positive so that he can keep his job but really just trying to get his way about the pay problems. Any suggestions on how to handle this creep? :mad:

xylene

forever-annoyed said:
Also, his supervisor is mad at my husband because he brought up some pay issues and union rules that have had problems recently (husband was shorted a days pay and 3 hours of overtime), then suddenly he is issued a "random" drug test order??

What has hubbies union organization said?

Work up the chain if he gets the run-a-round.

forever-annoyed

My husband is trying to handle this with the company before he goes to his Union rep. He likes this company but this recent supervisor is a joke. I told him "This to shall pass" and that a different supervisor is just around the corner because that is the nature of his business but I understand that a supervisor can make your job life miserable. Everyone at this company hates the guy but somehow he continues being employed there (he must be related or have some very good info on someone!)
If this isn't resolved my husband will bring the recording to his union rep, but it's so bad he thinks it might cause a strike (guy threatened work slow down for all union guys on his crew if my husband doesn't lay off the union rules & regs)

xylene

forever-annoyed said:
My husband is trying to handle this with the company before he goes to his Union rep. He likes this company but this recent supervisor is a joke. I told him "This to shall pass" and that a different supervisor is just around the corner because that is the nature of his business but I understand that a supervisor can make your job life miserable. Everyone at this company hates the guy but somehow he continues being employed there (he must be related or have some very good info on someone!)
If this isn't resolved my husband will bring the recording to his union rep, but it's so bad he thinks it might cause a strike (guy threatened work slow down for all union guys on his crew if my husband doesn't lay off the union rules & regs)

Your husband has a rep for a reason.

I think you are overvaluing the tap or if it is even usable.

Most people who are in a union contact there rep the second they need to take wizz test, justified or random or not.

Use the union leverage on the non random retaliatory drung test.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">