• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Orientation Discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimi1964

in Hawaii

this is a query on behalf of my boss. he is the ceo of a non-profit organization in the state of hawaii (i am his assistant). we have recently been having troubles with the president of our board making disparaging remarks about my boss and other employees outside the board meetings (in other social settings, in other words). however, in the most recent board meeting, with only the executive officers, the president told the group that the reason some employees were leaving was because my boss was making "sexual advances" towards these employees.

my boss is a gay male. but trust me, and anyone who knows him knows this is not true.

the other three executive officers of the board who were at that meeting advised my boss of the comment.

in the meanwhile, she has also perpetuated a rumor as fact that my boss had a previous affair with one of our department heads. again, NOT TRUE.

is there any legal action my boss can take to protect his professional reputation, and at the same time get some court order that the president of our board cannot continue to make these false allegations??

moburkes

What the heck does this mean? Is he or isn't he?

my boss is a gay male. but trust me, and anyone who knows him knows this is not true.
What is the discrimination? What discrimination was perpetrated against him?

kimi1964

THAT was my question...

What the heck does this mean? Is he or isn't he?
let's make this a little clearer for you...

if you'd read my entire question title, you would have seen this: "?" - also known as a question mark. therefore my question: "Sexual Orientation Discrimination?"

my question was, are the rumors perpetuated by our board president about my boss (who IS a gay male and who has NOT had any affairs with any department heads, male or female [although the allegation is referring to males]; nor has he made sexual advances toward ourmale senior physician or any other healthcare provider for that matter) would be considered discriminatory.

they are libelous and slanderous; are they in any way discriminatory?

my inclination is to think not; the other officers of our company feel they may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">