• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident, no injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skeeredyetiam

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Two weeks ago, I was leaving via means of my driveway approximately 10 MPH. We have a little curve that bends leftward and extends over a small hill on a gravel road in our driveway. A person came over the hill at (he said) 40 MPH. Our vehicles collided. The police report says that it was a no fault accident, even though he admitted that he was speeding. He had no back window, bald tires, and his inspection sticker was out. We both had liability insurance. My vehicle is a '94 Ford Explorer XLT (4WD) and his is a '91 Nissan Stanza. His insurance company notified me and told me that they would only pay fifty percent of the value of my vehicle after the adjustor came out and took pictures. They said that the value of my vehicle was approximately $3600 total loss, so my part would only be half that. Also, to top it off, they want us to give them the vehicle for the $1800. We looked it up on a blue book we found online, and it was worth about $5000 with all the accessories put into the vehicle. We need a little help and advice on what we should do. I've never been in this situation and don't know who to contact for advice. Thank you.

Last edited:

divgradcurl

skeeredyetiam said:
What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Two weeks ago, I was leaving via means of my driveway approximately 10 MPH. We have a little curve that bends leftward and extends over a small hill on a gravel road in our driveway. A person came over the hill at (he said) 40 MPH. Our vehicles collided. The police report says that it was a no fault accident, even though he admitted that he was speeding. He had no back window, bald tires, and his inspection sticker was out. We both had liability insurance. My vehicle is a '94 Ford Explorer XLT (4WD) and his is a '91 Nissan Stanza. His insurance company notified me and told me that they would only pay fifty percent of the value of my vehicle after the adjustor came out and took pictures. They said that the value of my vehicle was approximately $3600 total loss, so my part would only be half that. Also, to top it off, they want us to give them the vehicle for the $1800. We looked it up on a blue book we found online, and it was worth about $5000 with all the accessories put into the vehicle. We need a little help and advice on what we should do. I've never been in this situation and don't know who to contact for advice. Thank you.
You could take the blue book value, and then try and find ads for your particular truck in your area so you can prove up what the truck is worth, and then present that information to them. Alternatively, you could file a claim with your own insurance company, and then, if necessary, sue the other driver for your deductible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">