• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about being charged...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shybabie

What is the name of your state? Canada, Winnipeg Manitoba

Hi,

I am being charged with "Possession of the Purpose of Trafficking". This is my first offence. My fiance is in a federal prison. apparently they seen me hand him a package. is this completey true? yes. do i know what kinda drugs was in it? no. was i forced? yes. we both were. we both were threatened to do it or some serious consequences were going to happen not only to him on the inside, but to me as well on the outside. I want to know...how bad is this charge? will i go to prison? how long? what would my outcome of this be? i just want a general idea so i can prepare myself for this. i have a six year old to think of, this is why i am here. i just need to know..or somewhat know. i have people tell me one thing, and then another. i don't know...my court date is next month. thanks...

smutlydog

shybabie said:

Hi,

I am being charged with "Possession of the Purpose of Trafficking". This is my first offence. My fiance is in a federal prison. apparently they seen me hand him a package. is this completey true? yes. do i know what kinda drugs was in it? no. was i forced? yes. we both were. we both were threatened to do it or some serious consequences were going to happen not only to him on the inside, but to me as well on the outside. I want to know...how bad is this charge? will i go to prison? how long? what would my outcome of this be? i just want a general idea so i can prepare myself for this. i have a six year old to think of, this is why i am here. i just need to know..or somewhat know. i have people tell me one thing, and then another. i don't know...my court date is next month. thanks...
I am not sure there is any way to prove you didn't know or that you were forced. This doesn't sound like a credible defense no matter what country you are in. I know a jury in the United States probably wouldn’t believe something like this. In the US any crime involving the feds is very serious. I don’t know if the same standard applies in Canada.

fairisfair

smutlydog said:
I am not sure there is any way to prove you didn't know or that you were forced. This doesn't sound like a credible defense no matter what country you are in. I know a jury in the United States probably wouldn’t believe something like this. In the US any crime involving the feds is very serious. I don’t know if the same standard applies in Canada.
Um. . . . then don't answer. That is why this site is US LAW ONLY.

2901bruce

shybabie said:

Hi,

Lets see******************************************. You handed him a package & you didn't know what kind of drugs were in it ?? But you did know that the package contained illegal substances, correct? You are as guilty as your fiance! Forced to sell drugs ?? Give me a break! That's not going to fly. When you go to court, tell the judge that you thought that there was a pizza in the box.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">