• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marraige fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snakes2244

What is the name of your state? new york

I got married 2 months ago to a girl who obviously is using me just to get a visa and I would like to get a divorce or anullment... Unfortunately I do not have the money for an attorney and I have no intentions of going on any interview with her because this marraige is a fraud... what are some steps I can take that do not cost much to end this as soon as possible?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If the marriage is a fraud then you participated in it and are just as guilty as she is. The cheapest way of getting a divorce is to file pro se and hope that it is uncontested.

toby_juice

Ohiogal said:
If the marriage is a fraud then you participated in it and are just as guilty as she is. The cheapest way of getting a divorce is to file pro se and hope that it is uncontested.

Can they still get an annulment? If she used him to get into america, then why are they both guility of fraud. If only she is found guility of Fraud, will she also get in more trouble and be sent back to her country. What would happen if the judge said you can get the annulment, does she still get in trouble for fraud?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
toby_juice said:
Can they still get an annulment? If she used him to get into america, then why are they both guility of fraud. If only she is found guility of Fraud, will she also get in more trouble and be sent back to her country. What would happen if the judge said you can get the annulment, does she still get in trouble for fraud?
He would have to prove that the marriage was fraudulent which is a very high standard to meet. And the fact that he married an immigrant wanting a visa -- immigration will look at both of them as participating in it becuase he knew or should have known. She can get in more trouble and she can be deported if everything is proven. But it is very difficult to prove that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">