• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Somewhat Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Humbleone

What is the name of your state? WV
My car was parked within city limits in front of my house. A 17 year old hit the parked car. He came to my house without his car, but with a neighbor friend, apologized, said his parents will pay for it, and do not call until they come home. I at least had him write down his name and phone number, for I knew the other high schooler that was with him. A policeman showed up later and said that he was at fault. However, his insurance would not pay for it, for his friend gave a written statement that there was a "phantom" car that was in the middle of the road and made him do it. The police report stated that they tried to find the "phantom" vehicle, but to no avail.

His insurance stated I must file uninsured motorist claim (I have to pay the deductible). His insurance is Geico. Mine is All State.

The accident happend on 8/4/05. I am driving with a wrecked vehicle. Driver door does not lock, is beginning to rust and the driver door leaks with heavy rains/snows. My front bumper dislodges and I simply kick back in place.

Do I have a good chance of winning if I take his parents and Geico to Magistrate's Court?What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Humbleone said:
What is the name of your state? WV
My car was parked within city limits in front of my house. A 17 year old hit the parked car. He came to my house without his car, but with a neighbor friend, apologized, said his parents will pay for it, and do not call until they come home. I at least had him write down his name and phone number, for I knew the other high schooler that was with him. A policeman showed up later and said that he was at fault. However, his insurance would not pay for it, for his friend gave a written statement that there was a "phantom" car that was in the middle of the road and made him do it. The police report stated that they tried to find the "phantom" vehicle, but to no avail.

His insurance stated I must file uninsured motorist claim (I have to pay the deductible). His insurance is Geico. Mine is All State.

The accident happend on 8/4/05. I am driving with a wrecked vehicle. Driver door does not lock, is beginning to rust and the driver door leaks with heavy rains/snows. My front bumper dislodges and I simply kick back in place.

Do I have a good chance of winning if I take his parents and Geico to Magistrate's Court?What is the name of your state?

You have no contract with Geico.

Sue him and the parents.

xylene

Why didn't you call the police when children reported crashing into car?

Where is your insurance in all of this?

Was child cited?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">