• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Accusation of Sexual Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loves3mias

New York

I was recently accused of sexual harassment by a co-worker. This person was some one I have socialized with outside of the work environment. Although after an official inquiry found no basis for any disciplinary action against me, I feel terribly about this entire scenario. I have no idea why some one I considered a personal friend would make such accusations and I am now quite uncomfortable at work. There were many people interviewed during the investigative process and the tension surrounding me is thick. The person who made the accusation is extremely friendly with the owner of the company, and I now fear that one error on my part will cost me my job.

Do I have ANY legal recourse against this woman? NY?

hazeysky

Your post does not give too much detail of information. I am sure this person had some reasoning behind the accusation. I guess just dont socialize with coworkers after hours and you wont get in to trouble. Sometimes becoming too friendly with any one can lead to trouble. Hope this helps you./I]

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The ONLY legal recourse you would have would be if you could prove (and the burden of proof would be on you to prove) that she deliberately falsified the claim. YOU would be responsible for demonstrating that she could not possibly have misunderstood something, have misheard a comment you made, have been offended by something you said even if she didn't say anything about it at the time, or anything of the sort. Since it's very difficult to prove what someone else thought or felt, that's a pretty high burden to meet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">