• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Response to motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? UT/WY

What is the proper way to respond to a motion to modify decree.

Should I just answer the questions or should I add counterclaims and documentation against the other party?

When I disagree with the motion and respond what can I expect next? Is a trial date scheduled?

I would add note that originally the court ordered custody evaluation which the other party never completed and never paid for. They then signed and agreed to the decree and now are comming back (3 plus years later) asking for motion to modify decree. The other party is behind in CS. They have made false allegations in the motion stating the children were residing with respondent more than they actually were (shouldnt be difficult to prove).

Can I ask for the Respondent to pay for the evaluation first that is outdated now and may have little bearing? Can I suggest the respondent pay for another one and actually pay for it first before motioning the court or being granted wishes?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
frcisafraud said:
What is the name of your state? UT/WY

What is the proper way to respond to a motion to modify decree.

Should I just answer the questions or should I add counterclaims and documentation against the other party?

When I disagree with the motion and respond what can I expect next? Is a trial date scheduled?

I would add note that originally the court ordered custody evaluation which the other party never completed and never paid for. They then signed and agreed to the decree and now are comming back (3 plus years later) asking for motion to modify decree. The other party is behind in CS. They have made false allegations in the motion stating the children were residing with respondent more than they actually were (shouldnt be difficult to prove).

Can I ask for the Respondent to pay for the evaluation first that is outdated now and may have little bearing? Can I suggest the respondent pay for another one and actually pay for it first before motioning the court or being granted wishes?
Yes you should answer the questions and if you have a counterclaim file it. If you contest it then it will be scheduled for a hearing and then either sent to mediation or trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">