• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GA Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jstaks

I live in Alabama... I got the Ticket in Georgia on I-20 heading East

The officer said another unit clocked me going 98 mph in a 70

I had 3 people in the car with me at that time and everyone agrees i was going around 80 Mph what can i do?

JETX

jstaks said:
The officer said another unit clocked me going 98 mph in a 70

I had 3 people in the car with me at that time and everyone agrees i was going around 80 Mph what can i do?
Plead guilty. After all, even your friends agree you were traveling in excess of the posted speed limit!!
So, the only real question is how fast WERE you going. The court will hear evidence from an unbiased officer whose main focus at the time was to determine your speed.... versus three biased friends who were very likely NOT staring at the speedometer at the instant you were clocked. Who do you think the court will believe?? My vote is on the officer.

Pay the ticket and learn to obey the posted speed limit.

cepe10

You'll have a chance at a dismissal if you go in or get a lawyer for the standard fee. LEO's make mistakes and embelish tickets all the time. Both of the LEO's will need to be in attendance since both were involved in the arrest. There if they follow IACP, NHSTA, DOT guidelines they will have to present calibrations certifications on the radar/lidar units and tuning forks before and after the arrest as well as normal founsation for evidence. Unlikely that they will want to go to the effort so a good appraoch is to have your motions/objections ready as well as your witnesses and if PBJ or some other alternative is not offered challenge it. If it is a kangeroo court it is still worth going for the appeal since your insurance may skyrocket... 80 mph on 65/70 posted interstate is generally within 5% of the 85% speed so your driving speed is fine just work on your stealth a little.

Leo's don't have quotas:) todays news...

Police Offered Prizes for Most Tickets
N.C. police supervisors offered prizes to officers who wrote the most tickets

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Aug. 3, 2006

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">