• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property - division

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshan06

What is the name of your state? AZ
My husband and I have been living together since 98. Married only since 2004. We bought a house together but in his name before we were married. Better interest rate. But all of our money has been put together and paid on everything together.

Now we have 3 children. I had to quit my job in order to take care of our premature babies. So I am unemployed with 3 babies under 1. Will he retain full rights to the house?

LdiJ

sunshan06 said:
What is the name of your state? AZ
My husband and I have been living together since 98. Married only since 2004. We bought a house together but in his name before we were married. Better interest rate. But all of our money has been put together and paid on everything together.

Now we have 3 children. I had to quit my job in order to take care of our premature babies. So I am unemployed with 3 babies under 1. Will he retain full rights to the house?
Unfortunately, to a great extent he will. You will be entitled to a share of the equity and appreciation that accrued during the actual marriage, but that's all unless he decides to be more fair about things voluntarily. Unless you are divorcing now, you may want to insist that you be added to the deed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">