• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Videotaping employees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tingmachine

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I work as a lifeguard in the state of Massachusetts. I just found out that my employer has been video taping the lifeguard staff without our knowledge. None of the lifeguards videotaped were informed that they were being filmed, nor were they asked to sign waivers. I have been told that the videotaping is being used as a training tool and that the tapes will be deleted once we have viewed them and been trained with them. Is this legal in the State of Massachusetts? Is this a violations of my civil rights? :confused: :eek: :mad:

msiron

Your in a public place, or even your own yard (seen from the street or from next door, or seen through the trees... your in plain view) video is legal.

xylene

tingmachine said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I work as a lifeguard in the state of Massachusetts. I just found out that my employer has been video taping the lifeguard staff without our knowledge. None of the lifeguards videotaped were informed that they were being filmed, nor were they asked to sign waivers. I have been told that the videotaping is being used as a training tool and that the tapes will be deleted once we have viewed them and been trained with them. Is this legal in the State of Massachusetts? Is this a violations of my civil rights? :confused: :eek: :mad:
Posting the same question without the point about swimsuits will not change the answer.

Do not double post.

You will get more answeres if you stick to that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">