• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AccEdisonNJ

What is the name of your state? NJ
My car was hit from back other person was taking UTurn from roadside parking. She was looking for out of Insurance Settlement. With helpful nature, I did not call for cop but took her phone and Name. I called her later and faxed! my EstimateProfessional of Damage over $1500. On phoneshe told she is going consult her local auto body shop and meet me in person. But after a week or so, when I tried to call her number take out of service. I tried to contact by fax 3 times. I DO NOT want to be cheated. I would like get her pay the damages. How do I go from here?What is the name of your state?

cam1096

:confused: You need more than a name? Did you physically see her drivers license, registration, insurance card? Did you at least get her tag number on the car? Any information other than a name and phone number? It sounds like she may have even given you a fictitios name, and you're just $#!@ out of luck.

AccEdisonNJ

She gave her name ,phone and Insurance company name written in hand. I still have that and she gave the fax number I am faxing my message to her fax regularly. With her Phone I can get the details using cell number from white pages using paid service. But I am not sure if it is legal to get the details and call her? I know her insurance company. Can I make claim from her insurance company?

JETX

AccEdisonNJ said:
She gave her name ,phone and Insurance company name written in hand. I still have that and she gave the fax number I am faxing my message to her fax regularly. With her Phone I can get the details using cell number from white pages using paid service. But I am not sure if it is legal to get the details and call her? I know her insurance company. Can I make claim from her insurance company?
If you have her VALID insurance information file a claim against her.
If you don't have her valid insurance... file a claim with YOUR insurance.
Failing both of those, you will have to find out who and where... then file a lawsuit.

seagoing

did you get her tag number too?have you looked up in tel book to see if she lives local. Perhaps using the tag number or tel number you can get the address and have a prson to person conversation if she is still avoiding you.If you have a riend in law inforcement.and you have the tag number,the law enforcement person could help you out.if the information you do have is valid ,especially the ins. info. at this point I would agree with making a claim against her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">