• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of wages - how to figure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

egans

What is the name of your state? GA
As the result of an auto accident, my doctor has put me on disability. I have not, however, officially worked in the last sixteen months as I have been caring for an ill family member. I have loss of wages insurance with my auto insurer. How will it be figured?

stephenk

What was your career before you started caring for the relative? How were you supporting yourself while caring for the relative? Are you still caring for the relative?

egans

I was in sales but moved to the town where my relative lives and have been using savings. This happened as I am training for a separate sales career in this new location.

weenor

You will have to determine and prove what portion of your wage loss was because of the accident. If you could have gone back to work, but didn't do to providing care you won't get reimbursed for the lost wages.

teflon_jones

Since you weren't earning wages, it's impossible for you to lose any, so therefore you're not entitled to lost wages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">