• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living Together "Divorce"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TracyL

My fiancee and I lived together for almost two years. He abandoned the relationship in Aug. We live in VA.

He "purchased" a car for me last year because I was behind on my bills and not eligible for a loan (I'm still not). He made no downpayment or any payments on the vehicle. I have made all payments and paid for all upkeep,etc. (payments alone total almost $3,000) I have all cancelled checks.

Since we are no longer together he to sell the car. Do I legally have NO ownership in this vehicle? I am current on all payments and still owe about $5,000 on the car. Is it legal for him to just take this vehicle from me despite my payment history, etc? HELP!

[Edited by TracyL on 12-29-2000 at 09:29 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">