• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wheel falls off car after service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lindmas

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I had my car serviced at a Midas and they replaced my brake pads. I picked up the car and drove off the lot. About 1/2 mile away my left rear tire flew off the car, the car cruised down the road on nothing but the wheel drum and then the drum flew off in another direction. The car is now back at Midas and they are promissing to make all the necessary repairs. Is there anything else I should do? Do I need a lawyer? I could have been killed. It turns out that the reason the tire flew off is because they never tightened the lug nuts on the wheel.What is the name of your state?

racer72

You can't make any claims for would of's, could of's should of's. I seriously doubt you would have been killed. You suffered no personal injury so you only claim is to have your vehicle brought back to it's original and safe condition. If you want to waste money on a lawyer, go ahead. You will be extremely lucky to find one that would touch such a minor case.

fejee

1st, have the repair shop report the claim to their insurance carrier, if not already done so. i don't think the shop will entertain any injury claim u present, unless they are self-insured and handle their own claims. an insurance claims adjuster on the other hand would realize the potential for an injury claim from this incident. thastz why i disagree with that racer dude saying u sustained no injury.:eek:

u do describe the incident as one that could have got u killed. based on this description alone itz not unreasonable to think u may have felt mentally traumatized. this head trauma (shock) may constitute bodily injury, as defined in a typical insurance policy.

i say go for it lindmas. i bet if u talk your way into having the claims adjuster believe that u did suffer a head trauma, in that u felt a shocking experience. a shocking experience causing sudden interruption and disturbance to the nervous system. if the claims adjuster doesn't believe this, tell him/her that, in that case u might as well see a doctor to rule out any nerve damage possibility.

shoot for $3k but kill him/her if the offer is less than $500. u can later plead insanity**************.....like i almost did but admitted prior to pleading. :D

good luck racer. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">