• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who gets what

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevin43

What is the name of your state? California

I have been married for 2-1/2 years, living with her for about 10 years and we have 9 year old boy.

I bought my condo 6 years ago. Everything is under my name. I have assets-she does not (She doesnt make much $ and is bad with money).

We kept separate bank accounts.

If we divorce, what is she entitled to?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
kevin43 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I have been married for 2-1/2 years, living with her for about 10 years and we have 9 year old boy.

I bought my condo 6 years ago. Everything is under my name. I have assets-she does not (She doesnt make much $ and is bad with money).

We kept separate bank accounts.

If we divorce, what is she entitled to?
Truthfully whatever the judge says she gets. She can make an argument that though you have only been married for 2.5 years you have been living in a marital relationship for 10 years. Even though everything is under your name, that doesn't mean it is all yours. Marital income paid for it right? She does have assets. She is married to you. Half of all the assets that accrued during the marriage (whatever the court decides is the right length of time -- either 2.5 or 10 years) she is entitled to including equity in the condo, half of all marital property and half of all marital debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">