• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Troubles posting while loggen on and being booted off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmet4nzkx

Is anyone else having troubles posting?
I am logged on, I click on the response button, type my response and send it and I get a V error message stating that I am not allowed to post and I am no longer logged in. I copy my post, log in and it takes me to an error telling me the thread doesn't exist, but it does, I pull up the thread, post my reply and the and am still logged in but the next time I go to post a response, it allows me to type my response because I am logged on, but seem to get kicked off each time I sent the response and have to log on again to post but it allows that the next time until it logges me off when I go to post.

Shay-Pari'e

Have you sent off a mail to the tech team? Could this still be because of you know what? Mail Mary and have her look into it.

rmet4nzkx

Shay-Pari'e said:
Have you sent off a mail to the tech team? Could this still be because of you know what? Mail Mary and have her look into it.
Well if it isn't a system problem that everyone is experiencing, then that leaves only so many options. Why would admin do anything now when they have ignored my reasonable requests re harassment during the last 5 months? So much for zero tolerance.

Shay-Pari'e

rmet4nzkx said:
Well if it isn't a system problem that everyone is experiencing, then that leaves only so many options. Why would admin do anything now when they have ignored my reasonable requests re harassment during the last 5 months? So much for zero tolerance.
I can't answer for admin. Just letting you know I am not having problems, but others may be.

rmet4nzkx

Shay-Pari'e said:
I can't answer for admin. Just letting you know I am not having problems, but others may be.
That is why I posted and explained in detail what is happening, in the past when there has been a system problem and it was posted, others responded to the post, so it appears I am alone in this "problem":rolleyes:

rmet4nzkx

It is still happening this is what I get when I attempt to post a response:
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
After trying to log on I receive now this message or one stating that the thread doesn't exist when it does!:

vBulletin Message

You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

You have used 1 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.
Eventually I get in but it is very disruptive when trying to respond.

THIS IS GETTING OLD!

Rushia

rmet4nzkx said:
It is still happening this is what I get when I attempt to post a response:

After trying to log on I receive now this message or one stating that the thread doesn't exist when it does!:

Eventually I get in but it is very disruptive when trying to respond.

THIS IS GETTING OLD!
Gotta be you rmet, I'm not having any problems either.

LdiJ

rmet4nzkx said:
Is anyone else having troubles posting?
I am logged on, I click on the response button, type my response and send it and I get a V error message stating that I am not allowed to post and I am no longer logged in. I copy my post, log in and it takes me to an error telling me the thread doesn't exist, but it does, I pull up the thread, post my reply and the and am still logged in but the next time I go to post a response, it allows me to type my response because I am logged on, but seem to get kicked off each time I sent the response and have to log on again to post but it allows that the next time until it logges me off when I go to post.
I have the same problem when I try to use the boards via AOL. I don't have the problem if I open microsoft explorer and access the boards that way.

There seems to be some kind of incompatibility between AOL and many different forums of this nature....It was tech support from another board that gave me the idea of trying an alternate route.

Maybe you have a similar problem.

Also, I get the "thread no longer exists message from time to time...if I go back to the screen where I typed in my message and simply try submitting it again, it ususally goes through.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

LdiJ said:
I have the same problem when I try to use the boards via AOL. I don't have the problem if I open microsoft explorer and access the boards that way.

There seems to be some kind of incompatibility between AOL and many different forums of this nature....It was tech support from another board that gave me the idea of trying an alternate route.

Maybe you have a similar problem.

Also, I get the "thread no longer exists message from time to time...if I go back to the screen where I typed in my message and simply try submitting it again, it ususally goes through.
No, I am not using either IE or AOL and never had this problem with getting booted until today. I have had problems with the thread disappearing before when the thread was deleted, but this is different, it is when the thread exists and is related to getting booted. Apparently I am the only one having this trouble.

LdiJ

rmet4nzkx said:
No, I am not using either IE or AOL and never had this problem with getting booted until today. I have had problems with the thread disappearing before when the thread was deleted, but this is different, it is when the thread exists and is related to getting booted. Apparently I am the only one having this trouble.
Try using IE and see what happens. It doesn't hurt to try.

Also...if you recent enabled a firewall or your provider recently added a firewall to their software...that can effect these kids of forums....you might also have a problem if you disabled cookies.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

Rmet, try this.

When you get the message you are not logged in, you should show a screen for you to log on again with a box showing *Remember me*. Click that and see if that helps.

I gotta run, hitting Berryessa today.

fairisfair

rmet4nzkx said:
Just because it is only you today, does not mean that it is only you overall. I often have the logging in and out problem, try Shay's suggestion and use the remember me feature, that is the only way that I have been able to avoid it.

rmet4nzkx

Shay-Pari'e said:
Rmet, try this.

When you get the message you are not logged in, you should show a screen for you to log on again with a box showing *Remember me*. Click that and see if that helps.

I gotta run, hitting Berryessa today.
Don't hit Berryessa to hard! :eek: If you are going to wipe out it is better to land on your assets and to save face;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">