• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Claim Deed Montana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VlBillings9699

What is the name of your state? Montana: My ex-husband wants me off our mortgage as he was rewarded the house. There is no stipulation in the divorce decree as to whether he has to refinance to do so. He is insisting that I sign a quick claim deed but I understand that in the state of Montana I will continue to be responsible for the mortgage in the event he defaults. It would also continue to make it difficult for me to buy a home on my present income. Am I correct?
Thank-you.

seniorjudge

VlBillings9699 said:
What is the name of your state? Montana: My ex-husband wants me off our mortgage as he was rewarded the house. There is no stipulation in the divorce decree as to whether he has to refinance to do so. He is insisting that I sign a quick claim deed but I understand that in the state of Montana I will continue to be responsible for the mortgage in the event he defaults. It would also continue to make it difficult for me to buy a home on my present income. Am I correct?
Thank-you.
It's a quit claim deed.

If you are on the mortgage, then you are liable.

Tell him to cough up some dough, get the thing refinanced and get you off the loan.

And then tell him how much you want for doing this.

VlBillings9699

Thanks seniorjudge

. . .for the conformation and the chuckle. Maybe if I repeat it to him AGAIN very slowly. QUIIIIIICK. . . CLAAAAAIM deed.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
VlBillings9699 said:
. . .for the conformation and the chuckle. Maybe if I repeat it to him AGAIN very slowly. QUIIIIIICK. . . CLAAAAAIM deed.
Actually QUIT CLAIM DEED. Not quick.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">