• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PanthersPanda

What is the name of your state? CA

I was given a ticket in 1997 for no insurance. Shortly after that I went into boot camp. I found out in 99 that the payments had not been made while I was away. When I went into court to take care of the ticket, the judge told me that I was a flight risk, and sentenced me to 45, of which I served 20.

After being released (with no paperwork, or probabtion terms), my licence was never reinstated. Resulting in driving on suspended chargees.

Shouldn't my licence have been reinstated after I served my time?

moburkes

efflandt said:
I don't know of any place reinstates a suspended license automatically. You have to contact the DMV and see what besides money you need to get it reinstated.

See http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#sdl
Absolutely. You are responsible for making sure that its active. Have you even renwed it? Did you get an SR22 insurance policy yet? Did you pay the fines?

OP, sorry, dude. You're wrong.

garrula lingua

Ca charges a re-issue fee after your license was suspended (was 55 in 2003, unsure of amt now).

You were charged, I presume, with VC 14601.1 (minimum fine 300 + P&A [900])
even if license were valid, but expired DL= VC 12500(a) usually same fine, can be lower.

The jail time satisfied the court, but DMV is separate from the court.
Two entities have to be resolved: DMV and Court.
You still have to have your driver's liccense re-issued by DMV, or you'll get popped, again, and be in court.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">