• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need info,please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samantha234

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
Hi,
I am planning on remarrying and need to get a divorce first.
I have been seperated from my husband since 1992, there is no property, assetts or anything like that. I know he lives in R.i. but i'm not sure exactly where. We have had no contact at all.
How can I go about getting a divorce, what should i expect, and how long do you think it would take? What happens if i can't locate him? Also, i have no income, is there help for me out there?
Please help me, i'm lost!:confused:
samantha

kate554

NOTE: I am not an attorney! That being said, my state has a provision for divorce if you can't find the spouse. I imagine other states have that too. If you can't afford an attorney, there are usually legal aid type places that could help you. Start looking in the phone book.

samantha234

thank you

Thank you, Kate, I was just curious as i havenever done this before! Thank you for your reply!:)
Samantha

LdiJ

In all reality if you can find a way to borrow the money from somewhere to hire an attorney its your best bet. Since you have been separated for so long it should not be a costly divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">