• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tow agency refuse to be responsible for damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deviruchi

What is the name of your state? OH

Less than an hour after I took my car back from a towing agency, the front bottom plastic cover of my car just dropped on the street. I pulled over and noticed the left side of my front bumper broke/ severely damaged. I went straight back to the agency to report it and the guy told me to come back tomorrow because his boss is not around. Next day I returned, was told to wait while my car was being inspected by their people. Two hours later (no, im not kidding it really is that long), a lady approached me and told me that the damage was not because of the tow driver but because of a parking block. She kept insisting that someone drove my car and hit a parking block.

She offered to return my tow fee back completely as compensation but refused to repair/change my front bumper. After a few minutes of talking she then offered to give discounts plus the towing fee back to me if I choose to fix my bumper at her body shop (which is next door).

Now, what do you guys think I should do, obviously I have no concrete proof that it is their fault. Their excuse about the parking block is basically bs because Im the only driver of my car for at least the last one year and I never hit or scratch anything.

racer72

Take the offer. By the time you try to sue for the total cost of the damage, you are going to lose a lot more time and money effectively reducing any claim to equal or less than what is being offered now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">