• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

agreement to build issue on pre-construct whats my options please?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dame508

What is the name of your state? Florida
( An agreement to build was signed and mailed(4/21/06). The next day the "purchaser" called and let the agent know he was not going through with the home.(Originally it was $750 only till closing in approx 1yr./changed to additional $300 per month during construction for land). 1 month later someone telephoned the "purchaser" to set a land closing date and the purchaser informed her he had already informed them he was not purchasing. She said she would notate it, no date was set. On 7/06/06 a certified letter was sent to the purchaser that in 10 days monies owed are not payed they(builder) with legal counsel will seek all remedies allowed by law "SALES AGREEMENT AND/ OR CONTRACT TO BUILD ITEM 17 LIQUIDATED DAMAGES AT 10% +" All of this is Marion County. I wanted to know if what they are saying is true and they can go after property and the money/or does the purchaser have a fighting chance since the land closing wasn't done yet/and even though the agreement to build was signed he informed them he did not want to proceed/ the contract says (does not include land) but nothing states the additional monies they require while building. I was hoping someone could listen and look at the agreement to build and tell me what my options are and the costs and if the initial consultation will cost. Thank you:confused: :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">