• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i or shouldn't i

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobntom

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I think I messed up....bigtime!!! I married someone while I am still married to someone else. I didn't tell this person that I was still married until after we got married. The person forgave me, but thinks that we should get an annulment, just so we don't get in trouble. The person says we will get re-married the day my divorce is final, which will be in about 15 days or so. The problem that I have is the annulment will take longer than the divorce. Do I wait out the divorce, or get the annulment anyways?? If we plan on getting married after the divorce, why should we even get annulled?? I hope someone out there can give me some advice, and not just their personal opinion. Thank you.

Last edited:

garrula lingua

Wait until your divorce IS final, then marry.

You can't get an annullment - there really is no (valid) marriage to annul.
That 'marriage' to #2 has no legal import, other than being a crime in many jurisdictions (rarely prosecuted).

Just marry again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">