• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workplace Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

distressed2006

What is the name of your state? Texas

At the company that I work for, I have experienced discrimination and retaliation. I have gone through all the channels of reporting the incidents to the local and Corporate HR, including the EEOC. The company has lied in their responses to my allegations. There are a couple of other people who work with the company who have experienced discrimination in their groups from their managers and they have reported the matters to HR to no avail as well. Since the company leaders have allowed HR to get by with not resolving the issues, the Managers continually practice discriminatory behavior. There at the company there are many minorities with graduate level degrees but are stuck in Analyst level positions because the Managers have given these minorities less favorable performance reviews and no promotion. There is not equal employment opportunity there. And the company has recently denied my request for reasonable accomodation to apply for a position within another department. A class action suit should get the company to stop its discrimination practices, but I do not know of a large number of people who would committ to proceeding with this. Any advice?

JETX

EXACTLY what discrimination do you think is being applied??
Your not getting what you want, when you want is, is NOT discrimination.

distressed2006

I apologize that I confused you. The reasonable accomodation is that which I have asked for to be relieved from the discrimination and retaliation.

BelizeBreeze

distressed2006 said:
I apologize that I confused you. The reasonable accomodation is that which I have asked for to be relieved from the discrimination and retaliation.
are you on drugs? The question is WHAT SPECIFIC DISCRIMINATION? Get it?

moburkes

distressed2006 said:

Is that how you explained your discrimination to HR?:eek:

distressed2006

Actually I wish I were on drugs to help cope with the crap. To answer your question the discrimination is based on race and gender, and the retaliation has been in the form of lies and verbal harrassment.

BelizeBreeze

distressed2006 said:
Actually I wish I were on drugs to help cope with the crap. To answer your question the discrimination is based on race and gender, and the retaliation has been in the form of lies and verbal harrassment.
o.k. so you're a black female. Now if you were so fat you had to turn sideways to get through the door, you MIGHT have a case.

WHAT FRIKKIN' DISCRIMINATION?????

eerelations

Whatever the discrimination was...

...what did the EEOC say to you about it? Did they give you a right-to-sue letter? If yes, then call an attorney and start your lawsuit. If they didn't, why not?

janimal

If you want advice - clearly state what has happened. What has been said or done that you perceive as harassment or discrimination?

andrew070

I must agree. Just because you donn't get what you want at work, does not give you cause for any legal action. If you do not like the treatment you are receiving, no one is forcing you to stay at your current employment.

mitousmom

EEOC is a federal agency and is not a part of your company's local or corporate HR. If you think you are experiencing discrimination because of your race, sex, religion, national origin, color, age or disability, you should contact EEOC. You do not need to be part of a class to file a charge with EEOC.

However, EEOC will expect you to provide information showing that you have been treated less favorably than others similarly situated, but not in your group. You indicate that there are many minorities with graduate level degrees who are employed as analysts, who don't get promoted because of less favorable performance reviews. EEOC will expect you to identify non-minorities with graduate level degrees who have been promoted from the analyst position with less favorable performance reviews or non-minorities who get better performance reviews than minorities performing at the same level.

The anti discrimination laws require employers to attempt to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability or to attempt to accommodate sincerely held religious beliefs. There is no requirement to accommodate your belief that you are suffering discrimination or retaliation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">