• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unethical lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krakdshl

What is the name of your state? CT
I am cyrrently going through a divorce.I hired a lawyer who filed a divorce with the wrong name for my wife.My wife then hired an attorney who got my motion thrown out , took $85k out of an account and then filed for divorce.
I did not contest custody and my wife asked for alimony and child support along with childcare fees based on a bogus financial affidavit. During the initial hearing my attorney did not question the contents of the affidavit or my wife.The judge awarded her payments that totalled to almost twice the income for my forty hour work week.(i was doing a lot of overtime without vacation for four years and lost thirty pounds).
I later found out that the payments were based on an unsigned guideline prepared by my wifes' attorney that overestimated my income while underestimating hers. The attorney did nothing to correct this but rather gave the case to his partner.
In the interim my income declined and I asked the new attorney to file for a modification of support. He and I prepared a new affidavit my wife got fired from her job for stealing and she opened anew business with the funds she was concealing and also got a new part time job.
I got deposed and after my deposition they wanted to settle but Irefused to settle until my wife got deposed and she declared all her assets.My attorney knew about her business and even had the bank account but did not mention it during her dposition and did not tell me about it.Her deposition was very bad and just before the trial date her attorney filed for a motion for continuance based on discovery not being complete and also to get a guardian for our children though I willingly gave up custody,fully employed with all the documents from my employer,paystubs and bank accounts.
My wifes' attorney signed that all parties agreed to the motion when I did not.My attorney was complicit to this arrangement but still took me to court on what would have been the original trial date.The opposing counsel showed up 30 minutes late without my wife . I found that strange.Both attorneys went "to see the judge".I asked my attorney that I wanted to come along but he told mr to wait.They went around a corner for about ten minutes and then my attornry came to me and said that they wanted to settle.I said fine but I would like to modify the support while we negotiate settlement.He said that I should not worry that it will be over in two weeks.It is six months npw and I am still paying.
I fired him and got a copy of my file from the clerks office.
I have now found out that there was no judge sitting on the day that they were supposed to have seen the judge and he sent me a bill for a status conference for that day.I have evidence that both lawyers were in collusion to force me into a settlement and moreover another motion for continuance was filed that pushed my case six months foward but this motion is nowhere to be found.At this point in time I am homeless,lost my business, owing
a lot of money to different creditors and Uncle Sam.
Can I sue all these lawyers.Should I go to the State bar and report them for malpractice and fraud.
Thank you.
Krakdshl:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">