• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Descrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rvela

What is the name of your state? Texas.

My story starts in 2004 where I had started trying to get pregnant.
during 2005, I had 2 miscarriages, and finally got pregnant in sept 2005.
in December, (at 4 mo.s preg) my boss left for 6 weeks on medical leave, and left me
and one other to cover for her. I was fatigued and nausaus, but I did the best I could to do her job and mine. Then I got my performance review in jan 2006.
It was a bad review, stating I was slower than usual, and lacked initiative.
Ok - I accepted that, I was pregnant. Now - my question - a position opened up in my department, in July 2006, it would mean a promotion. (level 2 of my job description). While on maternity leave my boss calls me at home to tell me of the position, some one was leaving our department and that spot was now open. She wanted me to know about it, so I couldn't say I wasn't informed. I returned to work in Aug, and sent my resume to HR for the position. I didn't get an interview and the positoin was filled by some one outside the department. I had a talk with my boss, she said she only interviewed on person for the job. The reason I did not get an interview or was even considered was because of my job performance last year while I was pregnant and trying toget pregnant AND that I just had a baby and she knew I would not want to work over time.
I feel that this is discrimination, does any one have some advice for me?What is the name of your state?

mlane58

Rvela said:
What is the name of your state? Texas.

My story starts in 2004 where I had started trying to get pregnant.
during 2005, I had 2 miscarriages, and finally got pregnant in sept 2005.
in December, (at 4 mo.s preg) my boss left for 6 weeks on medical leave, and left me
and one other to cover for her. I was fatigued and nausaus, but I did the best I could to do her job and mine. Then I got my performance review in jan 2006.
Ok - I accepted that, I was pregnant. Now - my question - a position opened up in my department, in July 2006, it would mean a promotion. (level 2 of my job description). While on maternity leave my boss calls me at home to tell me of the position, some one was leaving our department and that spot was now open. She wanted me to know about it, so I couldn't say I wasn't informed. I returned to work in Aug, and sent my resume to HR for the position. I didn't get an interview and the positoin was filled by some one outside the department. I had a talk with my boss, she said she only interviewed on person for the job. The reason I did not get an interview or was even considered was because of my job performance last year while I was pregnant and trying toget pregnant AND that I just had a baby and she knew I would not want to work over time.
I feel that this is discrimination, does any one have some advice for me?What is the name of your state?
Let me get this straight, you were told that you didn't get the interview because of your job performance the year before-correct? And you believe that it has tro do with either being pregnant or trying to get pregnant? come on! you stated
You had bad performance and you stated you accepted that and now you want to claim discrimination because you performed poorly. Your employer isn't obligated to interview you or anyone for any position to include an employee who exhibits poor job performance.

Rvela

ok, but what about being told that because I just had a baby, I wasn't qualified?
Reason behind that is that it was assumed that I would not want to work the overtime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">