• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other driver/ no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

above82

What is the name of your state? Florida

I had an accident where I was rear ended. The driver who hit me at the time drove away. I honestly beieve it was due to him not realizing he had hit my car. I followed him and took his plate than waved him to pull over. He admitted not knowing he hit me. The police were on the scene. He asked if we could not go through insurance. Due to the minimal damage I agreed.
I have had a hard time getting in touch with him so I decided to file a claim with his insurance company. I was sent a letter stating his insurance was cancelled prior to the accident.

I know I can take him to court over this. My question is, should I try to settle this with him still by sending a letter to his address, stating the situation and his options i.e. settling or going to court, or should I just let the courts go ahead and handle the situation.

Thanks in advance.

teflon_jones

File a case in small claims court against him. If you've had a hard time getting in touch with him so far, what difference do you think a letter will make?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">