• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to get a divorce while buying a house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daniella

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Hello I and my husband have been separated for two year and a half now. Recently I wanted to buy a home and have been saving for a divorce and down payment. When talking to him about a divorce he was ok with it until the day we was to show up at the court house to sign the paperwork. This was after I had applied for the home loan and signed for the bill of sale on the house. When he did not show I went to a lawyer to file for divorce on my own. But now I have a problem with the house I can buy it without his signature to dismiss his claim on it or to buy it together (which I refuse to do) I offered money to my husband to sign the wavier but still he did not sign. Now I don’t know how long the divorce will take because I filed an uncontested divorce because he told my lawyer he would come down to sign when the paperwork came back from his court house because he did not have a ride to my city. But now he calls saying that if someone tries to serve him the paperwork he will not admit to being himself.

My husband has three kids during the time we have separated and has openly lived with one of the mothers. I did not want to have to fight in court about a divorce but it look like I will have to. He has said that he wants half of everything and will not sign and will tell the judge if we do go to court that we have been together recently which is not true.

I wanted to know how can I get community property dismiss now during the divorce period. The realtor asked my lawyer to put in the filing to be terminated then but he did not. Also if he does refuse to be served, how can I still get a divorce?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">